Grand Videoke Symphony 2.0 Plus TKR-372 Review
In my opinion, this is the absolute best professional karaoke setup. The main selling points of the Grand Videoke Symphony 2.0 Plus compared to alternatives are: the highest quality microphones, advanced built-in technology such as voice-command and a keypad, 6000+ songs included, and the luxurious Japanese design. It also doubles as a multi-media player so you can play movies or music files from an SD card or USB hard drive.
Let’s take a closer look
Attention to detail
The first thing you will notice when you open the box is how well the package is presented. The box has a picture of the product and mentions the most important features of it: It has more than 6000 songs and High Definition resolution, as well as the innovative Voice Command feature.
When you open the box, you’ll see that the machine and all accessories come in the usual protective packaging. But you will be pleased to see that it also comes with an included carrying case which you can use as a protective storage place for the machine, the microphones, the power adapter and any other accessories. It makes it so easy to use as a bag when you need to bring everything with you when you are heading over to a friend’s place for a long night of karaoke fun. The weight is only 5.5 pounds so it’s quite easy to carry around.
High-quality wireless microphones with a built-in remote control
When picking up the 2 wireless microphones, one can instantly tell that they are solid and made of high-quality materials. The weight of them feels very comfortable in the hands. They each run on 2xAA batteries. Perhaps a rechargeable battery would be a better solution together with an automatic charger function when you place them on the dock on the machine itself. But still, the most important aspect remains, and that is that they are wireless! No more annoying wires or cables hanging around getting stuck on things, worrying pushing glasses over and spilling drinks everywhere.
The keypad on the microphones gives you as much control of the interface as any remote control. You can use it to select songs and play/pause and everything else.
The microphones easily pick up the sound of your voice in high quality and can adjust to your voice with the microphone equalizer. Each microphone can be adjusted individually so you can customize the loudness, and effects such as echo and frequency.
Luxurious Japanese Design
The machine itself is cleverly designed with its many inputs and outputs. While being a practical machine, the designers have also made it look great with a premium style and a smooth and sleek piano-black finish. The surface is shaped with docks for your 2 microphones when they are not being used with a perfect fit. Between them is a LED graphic equalizer which displays light effects in synchronization with the music being played.
Many included accessories
Apart from the machine itself, the 2 microphones and the carrying case, there are many accessories included. It comes with a song list and a manual, a quick introduction guide, an auto-volt power adapter, an RCA cable, a video cable, an HDMI cable, a remote control, microphone covers, and all the batteries (2xAAA & 4xAA) that you need in order to use it straight away.
Grand Videoke Symphony 2.0 Plus Features & Functions:
- Voice command technology – allows you to just speak the song title into the microphone, and the system will find it for you.
- 6110 songs (3772 English, 2297 OPM, 41 K-Pop)
- 2x High-Tech Wireless Microphones (w/ 2 additional mic jacks)
- 16 GB built-in memory
- 500 MB User Memory Settings
- SD Card Slot that can play files and transfer recorded songs
- USB port that can play video and music and do file transfers
- Record up to 1000 minutes (approx. 250 songs)
- Remote control included
- DC 12V 1.0A adapter
- Voice Command
- Song Search
- Reserve & Queue up to 30 songs
- Favorite up to 50 songs
- Scoreboard/score check available
- 5 hours and 40 minutes of HD video backgrounds.
- 1280 x 720p HD resolution
- LED graphic equalizer
- Up to 1400 personalized images
- Applause function
- External video source function
- Designed in Japan, made in Korea
- Dimensions: 12 x 6 x 12 inches
- Weight: 5.5 pounds
Doubles as a multi-media player
Plug in an SD card or USB drive, you can play movies, display pictures, listen to music. Both AVI and MP4 file formats are supported. This feature makes it more than just a karaoke machine. It’s a great all-in-one entertainment system.
GeeVee Voice Command Technology
By speaking the command “GeeVee + [command]” you can control many functions simply by song. For example “GeeVee Search Again” activates the searching screen on the system. “GeeVee Start” commands the system to start the song. “GeeVee Reserve” reserves a song into the queue. “Up” or “Down” and “Back” or “Next” are useful commands for navigating the song selection or move the screen to the previous or next page.
6000+ Songs included
It comes with more than 6000 songs included with the system. Of these 6000, roughly 3772 are English songs, 2297 are OPM songs, 278 are Real Sound songs, 1210 Chorus songs, and 130 are Multiplex songs.
Party hits include:
- The Chainsmokers – Don’t Let Me Down
- Alesso ft. Nico & Vinz – I wanna Know
- Calving & Rihanna – This is What You Came For
- Bebe Rexha ft. Nicki Minaj – No Broken Hearts
- Fifth Harmony ft. Ty Dolla Sign – Work From Home
- Drake, Wizkid & Kyla – One Dance
English hits include:
- Ariana Grande – Dangerous Woman
- Troye Sivan – Youth
- Zayn – BeFoUr
- Tinashe – Watch Me Work
- Ariana Grande – Be Alright
- Nick Jones ft. Tove Lo – Close
- Shakira (Zootopia OST) – Try Everything
- Hailee Steinfeld ft. DNCE – Rock Bottom
OPM hits include:
- Morisette – Diamante
- Ylona Garcia & Bailey May – O Pag-ibig
- Juan Karlos Labajo – Para Sa’yo
- Janella Salvador – Mahal Kita Pero
- Erik Santos – Your Love
- Daryl Ong – Minamahal Mo Pa Rin Ako
- James Reid & Nadine Lustre – Bahala Na
All time hits include:
- Abba – Chiquitita
- Abba – Dancing Queen
- Abba – Thank You For The Music
- Abba – The Winner Takes It All
- Chicago – Hard To Say I’m Sorry
- Barry Manilow – I Made It Through The Rain
- Journey – Open Arms
- The Jets – Make It Real
- Anne Murray – Broken Hearted Me
- Gerald Joling – We Don’t Have To Say The Words
You can see the full song list here
Things worth noticing
This is not a budget system. It is one of the most expensive karaoke machines on the market and is intended for those who are serious about karaoke and looking for the best quality all-in-one system.
- 6000+ Songs
- Overall excellent quality and premium design
- Versatile & doubles as a multi-media player
- Voice command
- Many features and functions
- Non-rechargeable microphones (uses 2xAA)
The Grand Videoke Symphony 2.0 Plus TKR-372 is the best karaoke machine I have reviewed to this date, and I consider it the top system on the market. It does have a higher price compared to some other machines I have reviewed, such as the Magic Sing ET23KH. But if you want quality and are willing to pay for it, then you should seriously consider the Grand Videoke Symphony 2.0 Plus.
If you want to see alternatives, be sure to check out our reviews of professional karaoke systems.